Friday, August 11, 2006

Road Trip


Rained out at Oka Park: We were supposed to go the Super Park Aqua Club that day to hit some of the water slides there but since Montreal experienced some crazy thunder storms, and some 500, 000 residents on the North Shore of Montreal were out of electricity, the aqua park was closed for the day and it was Oka beach instead.

We got there just as it started rainning again, my friend tried to brave the elements and run into the water in the rain but the lifeguards whistled her out. Lightning, water and swimming don't mix. I took that picture while we were waiting in the car for the rain to stop, eventually it died down for like 1 hour and we got to have some beach fun.




These pictures were taken at "Parc national des Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Rivière-Malbaie" probably one of my favourites in Quebec. My friends and I too a couple of kayaks up the river before we got bored and decided to hike up this stream. What a decision, probably one of the highlights of my trip. We climbed up giant boulders, moldey boulders, smooth boulders and rough boulders and cooled off in small pools that developed under the mini waterfalls. Too bad I didn't have my camera when we climbed the stream. I could have sold the photos for shampoo ads.



We took these on our way to Oka Park, the storm had uprooted giant trees. One of them was so big that my buddy Alex could fit in a little cave that developed under the roots of the tree.




These were taken on our trip to Mont Saint Anne which is a mountain I wish I would have discovered when I was still living in Montreal. They had great mountain bike trails and we rented some hot bikes (picture of bikes in Friends post). I've never been a gear junky when it comes to mountain biking but shoes are definitly one of the essential pieces of gear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home